Teeth Whitening In Brandon Fl
Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple “whitening” procedure.
Details of tooth whitening?
It’s safe, quick, and inexpensive. Just let us know at any appointment if you would like to whiten your teeth. You can lighten only your upper teeth or both the upper and lower, depending on how much you show when you talk and smile.
In only a day or two your custom bleach splints will be ready for you to pick up. We provide you with a special bleaching agent that you put into the clear splints. With only a few hours of wear per day, our special bleaching agent bubbles stains right out of your enamel in a very short time without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way.
When your teeth reach the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile. We’ll want to take “after” photos at your next appointment.
Dental whitening can be used to correct tooth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in whitening technology, we can offer a safe method for creating a beautiful “brilliant” smile. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, crowns or veneers may be the only choice, but because of the low cost of whitening treatments, teeth whitening is nearly always worth a solid try.
Give Your Smile a Makeover!
Dr. Stuckert offer a number of cosmetic dental treatments to improve your smile. Contact us today!
How is teeth whitening done?
Key Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Corrects brown, yellow and spotted tooth staining
- Works on people of any age
- Is a near-permanent solution for a “dull” smile, restoring brightness and brings a smile alive
An impression is taken to make a specialized “mouthguard” or “stent” to hold the bleach against the teeth. The material is used each night for about 3-4 hours for a week or two, and at the end of this time, significant whitening will occur.
In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant. For confidence in appearance, bleaching technology allows us to promise improvements in yellowing, aging or stained teeth. For very severely stained teeth, crowns or dental veneers may be more appropriate.
Considerations for Teeth Whitening
Over-the-counter bleaching agents are available for purchase at drug stores and pharmacies. However, since these products can cause harm to the gums and teeth, it’s better to use products that our practice recommends.
Teeth Whitening FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is the difference between the options you offer?
- How white will my teeth get?
- Do any of the whitening options you offer harm my teeth?
- Will my teeth be sensitive after whitening?
- Do I have to avoid foods or habits after whitening?
- Am I a candidate for whitening and which process is best for me?
- How is this different from something that I can buy online or at my local store?
- What options are there if I am not fully happy with how white my teeth get?
What is the difference between the options you offer?
- Zoom Whitening – Is a very popular and well known brand name In-Office laser whitening technique that allows you to get up to 8 shades whiter with one session. One session takes about 2 hours.
- Custom Trays – This is a system in which the dental assistant takes an upper and lower impression of your teeth and then custom trays are fabricated. You place whitening gel in the trays which you wear anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight depending on the strength and type of gel that is recommended for you. Obtaining maximum results normally in 10-14 days.
- Go Trays – Are non-custom trays that are pre-filled with professional strength whitening gel. Worn for 20-30 minutes. Each box contains 10 upper and 10 lower trays. Purchase boxes as you need to maintain or establish a whiter smile.
How white will my teeth get?
That is an excellent question. Everyone is different. Age, Exposure to teeth staining foods, and habits all play a factor. In short. You will get as white as you can get with each option and no one can guarantee results with any one of the options selected.
Do any of the whitening options you offer harm my teeth?
No, all options offered in Dr. Stuckert’s practice have been approved and proven to be safe and effective treatments.
Will my teeth be sensitive after whitening?
Most people do not have any sensitivity at all. But it is not uncommon to feel some sensitivity to cold or air for a short period of time after any whitening procedure.
How long will my results last?
That depends on habits or foods you eat. Many people who have custom trays or Go Trays do a touch up after each dental cleaning to brighten up their smile.
Do I have to avoid foods or habits after whitening?
For the best results…yes. You would want to avoid any staining foods. No berries, red wine, dark sodas, no smoking, no mustards, or pasta sauce. All especially while actively doing the whitening process.
After the process is complete it is still recommended to stop those foods and habits for maximum results. Otherwise, touch ups or more sessions will be required to maintain the level of whiteness achieved.
Am I a candidate for whitening and which process is best for me?
Another good question. We offer a complimentary visit to review the options so that you are informed to choose the best one for you.
How is this different from something that I can buy online or at my local store?
First: all options at Dr. Stuckert’s practice are safe and approved for patient use.
Second: The strength of the options offered are professional strength products for maximum results.
OTC (Over the counter) products are always lesser in strength than professional in office products and services. Online products: have no guarantee of safety, the efficacy of product, or strength. One common element in whitening gels is how they are stored. If not stored at the proper temperature or if shipped from another state or a foreign country, you can completely eliminate the safety of the whitening gel.
What options are there if I am not fully happy with how white my teeth get?
If a patient wants to have whiter teeth then any of the professional products can provide them, then we talk about cosmetic dentistry of veneers or crowns. Which we can fully predict. This option allows you to pick whatever color you desire.