Your initial appointment will be 45-60 minutes and usually will consist of:
- Review of your medical history
- Comprehensive Oral examination
- Documentation of all existing dentistry
- Full set of digital x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Full periodontal screening
- Diagnosis of what type of dental cleaning is required
- Review of your treatment needs and options
Many times treatment can be done or started the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will definitely require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any recent x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your past dentist has taken x-rays within the past 12 months, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.